Saturday, June 19, 2010

4 Months and Still Going Strong!! =D

Peter and I have been married for 4 months today. I know, four months doesn't sound like very long, and honestly, it doesn't feel like very long either. I mean, sometimes I feel like I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't married to him...or maybe I have just tried to forget those times. Most of the time, though, I am shocked we have been married as long as we have; time just flies.

WARNING: I am about to be a bit cheesy and mooshy. If you are not interested in this section of my post, feel free to skip down to the next paragraph.

These 4 months have seriously been heaven for me. I have always been the girl who vowed I would never get married until after I had performed on Broadway for 20 years. I always put a career before marriage in my mind and I promised myself that, that was never going to change. I was young and stupid then, because if I knew how wonderful marriage would be I would have made that my top priority. I definitely did not plan for Pete...even after we started dating it took me a long time before I let myself fall in love with him. Even after I fell in love there were so many times where I almost ran. Marriage terrified me and I wanted nothing to do with it. Thankfully, my heart conquered and overtook my head and here I am. I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and I am so grateful for that. Peter is amazing to me and I love him more than I could ever express. I am so happy! =D

All week Peter has been telling me to keep today completely open because he wanted to plan something special. I have thought about it a little and tried to guess what he was planning. Maybe dinner for two on one of the riverboat cruise ships. Maybe dinner and a movie or the drive in. Maybe we would just stay home and he would cook for me. I knew whatever it was I was going to love it. I am usually terrible when it comes to surprises because I don't like to be surprised. I like to know what is going on so I can plan and dress accordingly. However, this time I was going to let him have his surprise, I didn't mention it or try to get it out of him, not once. Well, it turns out he is just as terrible about surprises as I am. Last night, I was finishing up my work and Pete comes into the living room with an impatient smirk on his face. "Do you want to know what we are doing tomorrow?" he was almost giddy with excitement. I hesitated...but of course ended up saying yes. And let me tell you it was much more than I expected and one of the best surprises ever. Peter and I are going to see WICKED tonight!!

I have been talking about WICKED since the beginning of the summer. It is one of my favorite musicals and the touring Broadway cast is here in St. Louis through June and July. I have seen the show twice before, once in Atlanta and once in Chicago, but I really want to see it again. Plus, Peter has never seen it so I wanted him to experience this amazing musical with me. However, I decided it was just going to be too much money to spend on a show that I have already seen. So, I tried my best to dismiss the idea and stopped mentioning it. However, deep down I have still been longing to see it and every time we pass the huge WICKED billboards on the interstate my heart breaks a little. I guess Peter could sense my longing and decided to make all my dreams come true. Oh man, I am so excited and I know he is going to love it too! This is going to be the best 4 month anniversary ever.

I love him!

1 comment: