Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Craft Time!!

I have been working on the nursery for quite a LONG time, and I am not even close to being done. It took me so long to choose bedding and I felt like I could not move forward with anything else until I had bedding. So, FINALLY I chose bedding (it arrived today =D) and now I am on my way to progressing in the nursery. Yay! Stay tuned for nursery pictures, probably after baby girl is born, if I am being honest, but I promise they will come eventually.

Even though there were many things about the nursery that I had a hard time deciding on, I knew that I wanted to make THIS as soon as I saw it. This was my first nursery craft, and I am really happy with how it turned out. I'm not as happy about how much is cost. I had NO idea ribbon was SO expensive, but it's cute so I guess it's alright. Here is the one I made:


Ultimately, these are the colors of my nursery as well: purple, green, and white. This wreath is on the outside of baby girl's door right now, but it might move inside the nursery once I am all finished, we'll just have to see.

The second craft I have recently done was for Peter's birthday yesterday. THIS is an idea I got off of Pinterest, when I saw it I knew Peter would like it because he LOVES dreaming about all the cool things that he wants to do and see in his lifetime. I also thought it would be a cute way to display some of the things we are interested in seeing and doing together. It's not quite done yet, but it's done enough to get the point across.


The idea is to display the things on your "Bucket List" inside the frame, then when you have completed one of them, you put it inside the bucket. I am still going to add a few things to it, but it's basically done. I think Peter really liked it! =D


Finally, I want to give a crafting shout out to Peter's mom. For Peter's birthday his mom made him a Humor U t-shirt quilt. This quilt includes all the t-shirts that Humor U has made and given out at their shows during the time Peter has been involved with the club. If you haven't heard Peter's comedy you should really search YouTube for his stuff, he is REALLY funny!! I think this quilt turned out SO great, and Peter's mom is very talented.



Thank you to everyone who was involved in making Peter's birthday special, he really appreciates all of you. I will have to post some pictures from his day some other time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!! I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment