Sunday, November 6, 2011

Baby Update!!

I think it is about time for an update, what do you think? Things have been pretty good lately. Our lives are pretty consumed with getting ready for our baby girl to arrive, and we are extremely excited to meet her! I am almost 34 weeks along. I can't believe she could come in only a few short weeks and be completely healthy. Our lives are going to change forever and, even though I'm scared out of my mind, I can't wait. Here is my updated progress:






Ever since the morning sickness stopped (week 22), I have felt pretty great. Yes, I am big and it is not the most comfortable thing in the world. And yes, it is hard to sleep most nights. However, anything is better than puking every single day, so I count my blessings. A few weeks ago (week 32), my back started hurting really bad and few other things didn't seem right, so I called my doctor. I was told to go into Labor and Deliver to make sure I wasn't going into labor too early. Baby girl has always been sitting pretty far back and people have told me from the beginning that I will most likely have back labor. So, Peter and I went to the hospital and they did some tests to make sure everything was okay. It was kind of fun to get all hooked up and watch the baby's heartbeat. They told me that her heartbeat and brain activity were beautiful and that she looks like she is doing great. That made me REALLY happy! They also told me that I was having regular contractions, but they didn't seem to be dilating my cervix, so I should be fine to go home, but to come back if I feel any harder contractions. Since then I have been trying to take it easy, every time I feel contractions I go lay down and they stop after a little while. So, I am not too worried about it. Maybe this means that baby girl will be coming early (but not too early), I'm crossing my fingers for that.

In other baby-related news, I have been blessed to have some amazing people do some very generous things for me lately. I have had two baby showers, one thrown by my wonderful Aunt Cindy (with help from Peter's mom and sister) and that was so much fun!! There was wonderful food, fun games, and great company. My mom actually flew here from TN during that time so she was able to be there which was SO great. My mom got us the stroller you see in the above picture, and we are very, very grateful for that. We didn't get very many pictures of that first shower, but I did snag one of the food (shows what I care about most, ha).


Secondly, one of my besties Ashley and my cousin Merrick threw me a baby shower as well. Ashley hosted at her house and the decorations and food were fabulous. These girls know how to throw a party. It was so fun to see all my friends and family at these showers and we are so grateful for all the fun gifts we got. Baby girl already has way more clothes than I do. She is going to be SO cute and SO spoiled!! =D

Jordyn/Sarah/Destinee

Cristal/Andrea/Ally


Marni/Me/Merrick

Finally, as if she hadn't done enough already, Merrick took some maternity pictures for Peter and I. We went up the canyon, found a pretty field, and Merrick worked her magic. I initially wasn't going to do maternity pictures because I really didn't like the idea of taking pictures of myself when I weigh the most I have ever weighed and look the fattest I have ever looked in my life. However, people kept telling me that I would regret it in the future and that pregnancy is beautiful, so I caved. Luckily, we had a very talented photographer and I love the way they turned out. Thanks Merrick!! =D


I have the best family and friends ever, and I am so grateful for all the love and support we have had throughout my pregnancy. Even friends from TN have sent me gifts! I am so excited to welcome this baby into our home and learn all about being a parent. Peter and I are working on the nursery and I am excited to post pictures when it is all done. We just love this little girl more than I ever could imagine!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so loved, Kort! And I'm so glad you like the pictures!!

    p.s. I still need to send you the photos I took...sorry! I've been totally swamped over here! I'll send them soon!

    ReplyDelete